4 T Kosher Salt
- Slice 4 oranges into eights - maybe smaller depending on how big you want your slices to be and how big your oranges are
- In a sterile quart jar, sprinkle about a half tablespoon (I use one generous pinch) into the bottomof the jar. Lay around 6-8 slices into the jar and push them down until they start to express their juices.
- Sprinkle half a tablespoon over the layer of orange slices
- Repeat layering oranges and kosher salt until you fill the quart jar up to the neck.
- Let oranges sit on your counter for 24 hours. After 24 hours, fill the quart with fresh orange juice, ensuring that you cover the oranges.
- Let the oranges sit for a week.
- Label and place in the fridge. After a week in the fridge, check your oranges. If they have expanded add more juice to cover. They will keep about a year in the fridge.