The dehydrator holds all the citrus peel!
So, we had the 15 zested lemons from the limoncello and the 15 zested lemons from the dried peel, cut those lemons in half and juice them. Then cut in half and juice more lemons to equal 9 cups of lemon juice (DO NOT THROW AWAY THE PEEL! WE ARE GOING TO MAKE SOMETHING WITH THEM!).
Yield: 8 pints
9 cups of fresh Lemon Juice
5 cups of water
4 cups of sugar
- Prepare jars, lids/rings, and canning equipment per "Kitchen Tactics: Boiling Water Bath Canning"
- Place lemon juice in a large stock pot. Add 5 cups of water and 4 cups of sugar. Bring to a low boil then turn down the heat and simmer.
- Ladle the hot concentrate into 8 hot pints leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Process via BWB for 15 minutes.
- To make lemonade, dilute one pint of lemonade concentrate with however many pints of water to suit your taste.